Akios 656SCM Shuttle

edited September 2012 in Surf & Bottom
Meet my new generation reel from UK.ABU Heritage with new technology

[Media id="171340"][/Media]
[Media id="171341"][/Media]
[Media id="171342"][/Media]

Comments

• The akios shuttle comes with mono mag, does the mag "off" in clockwise or anti clockwise direction ? Care to share how much total cost plus shipping in sgd ? Thks.
  • i'll be glad if i could see the internal parts assembly...
  • internally nice and need thank for the video
  • bro, which website did u order this from? how much is the total cost?
  • have 2 shuttles ,,very good better than abu tsr bros and half the moneys :D
  • how much?
  • I'm the Akios reel wholesaler in New Zealand, these would have to be one of the best casting reels on the market,the new model Sports Shuttle 666 is fantastic to cast,the Shuttle 555 is the reel for 4-6 kg line(.28-.30) low mount east to control,I use these for surfcasting and find them very good with a lot of drag which we need over here as we get some big fish, I pair my reels up with Sonik rods SK4 4-6oz and SK4 5-7oz

[Media id="183412"][/Media]
  • Akios are available at Gary tackle at Changi Market. Pretty sure he ll let you have a feel of it.
  • ace wrote:
    Akios are available at Gary tackle at Changi Market. Pretty sure he ll let you have a feel of it.
    Yeah just go and grab it......blah.....blah....blah nothing done
  • Mr izad, compared to a abu 6500 which one is heavier.?
  • setan666 wrote:
    Mr izad, compared to a abu 6500 which one is heavier.?
    Akios is slightly heavy
  • Which one can cast further Mr.Izad? :) :)
  • physlo2 wrote:
    Which one can cast further Mr.Izad? :) :)

BILA BILA ABU..
  • azahar wrote:
    physlo2 wrote:

BILA BILA ABU..
    Ada lagi eh..!
  • azahar wrote:
    physlo2 wrote:

BILA BILA ABU..
    Ada lagi eh..!

Sudah terang Azahar poison..!! hahahahhahaha
  • physlo2 wrote:
    up to masing masing,walau bagaimana pun aku akan cuba bembat aku punya AkiRock....cheers
  • azahar wrote:
    physlo2 wrote:

BILA BILA ABU..
    hmmm aku bukan procaster tapi aku dah cuba Abu stock & Akios minus mag,Akios much further and better....Cheers 8) 8)
  • Akios Shuttle (not sure the correct model, but it is the size closest to ABU 5500).

We had the stock bearings cleaned and re-lube. Brake blocks and stock magnets removed. Centre Mag system (from UK)installed.

Results after a few casts, I....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

[Media id="204600"][/Media]
  • physlo2 wrote:
    Akios Shuttle (not sure the correct model, but it is the size closest to ABU 5500).

We had the stock bearings cleaned and re-lube. Brake blocks and stock magnets removed. Centre Mag system (from UK)installed.

Akios SCM 555 Sportcast if not mistaken.So how does it respond/work when fit with the Centre Mag installed into it...does it(the main line)fly all over or does it float......cheers 8) 8) 8)
  • izadsalleh wrote:
    physlo2 wrote:
    Akios Shuttle (not sure the correct model, but it is the size closest to ABU 5500).

Akios SCM 555 Sportcast if not mistaken.So how does it respond/work when fit with the Centre Mag installed into it...does it(the main line)fly all over or does it float......cheers 8) 8) 8)

My guess...you find it too fast right?

The centre mag system works well for me. It was set around 14 seconds (mag full on). I only start fiddling with the mag halfway through the cast. Line float a little but still controllable.

One word for it....superb!
  • physlo2 wrote:
    izadsalleh wrote:
    physlo2 wrote:

My guess...you find it too fast right?

The centre mag system works well for me. It was set around 14 seconds (mag full on). I only start fiddling with the mag halfway through the cast. Line float a little but still controllable.

One word for it....superb!
    You're so right,Bro...Cheers :D :D :D
  • The availability of alternative new reels in the market with comparable performance and affordable pricing apart from the main top brands is certainly one of the reasons why I am taking a serious consideration of returning to surf-fishing, at least casually.

The marketplace is getting very very interesting these days.
  • hello can i know akios 656 scm can use for fishing?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file