Gong Lei's Mars Rods by Keebow Ready for Order

edited May 2017 in News

We have received messages of interests to purchase our rods, i.e. KEEBOW MARS Somasi 70RH and KEEBOW MARS Kayu 71RFX.

The target dates to release our rods to the users have delayed several times even though we have got them produced 3 months ago. Our intention is to sell through our website which is not fully functional yet.

In order not to disappoint those who have waited for almost 3 months, we have decided to sell the first batch before our website is ready. 

MARS Somasi 70RH is sold at USD430 and MARS Kayu 71RFX is sold at USD500 excluding shipping cost.

We ship by DHL. The worldwide shipping cost for 1-4 rods is approximately USD120 plus USD10 for packing of each tube. You only pay the actual shipping cost plus USD10 for the packing. We will return you the balance through PayPal.  Buyers only pay maximum of USD120 per tube to ship 1-4 rods. Those who want to ship more than 4 rods at a time, please drop us a message.

Online Shop
http://www.keebowrods.com

All purchases should be done through the online shop now the below paragraph has passed.

For those who want to save a little on shipping cost and are able to collect in Singapore, you can opt to collect from our friend, Tan Chee Wei through his mass order. Please note that he has nothing to do with selling. He is just doing us a favour for the mass order for 1 batch of rods.

Singapore Contact: Removed by Admin, buy from Shop. 

WhatsApp (Only) Singapore (Only): xxxxxx  +xxxxxxx for Group Buy. (Buy from http://www.keebowrods.com) 

Keebow Facebook Group 
https://www.facebook.com/KeebowRods/

Comments

• The Shop : : http://www.keebowrods.com

I am getting a lot of PM's if I have a "lobang" for this, sorry I don't. I am a customer just like everyone else :) 
  • frankly speaking, their swimbait rod is way overpriced for a china brand with unspecified blank and normal stainless steel sic guides

I rather spend that money on a high end shimano or daiwa swimbait rod such as bantam, steez ags, heartland ags

• I can't comment on the Shimano and/or Daiwa Swimbait Rods, I'll love to try them if you ever get them. I didn't even know the had such rods so thanks for sharing. 

As I own the Somasi and the Kayu I am somewhat angled towards loving them. When I travel I can bring them both and cover all my fishing needs.

I bring a lighter rod for chucking 50MM to 70MM lures. 
  • u can check out shimano jp and daiwa jp website, google translate the webpage. u will be amazed by their range of high end tackles

both shimano and daiwa have very good blank technology but only used in their mid- high end rods

most brands don't make their own blanks e.g majorcraft who buy their blanks from TORAY. even expensive rod brands like carpenter just buy generic 30-40 ton graphite modulus blanks to build

• edited August 2018
    Monstrad you are so wrong in most things you mentioned in your post. First, Toray is world leading carbon fiber manufacturer, second they sell only carbon sheets. They do not roll blanks. Major craft now have 2 factories, one in China second in Vietnam. Carpenter blanks are OEM made by Yamaga or Zemaq i cant remember now. T24 is low elasticity (modulus) carbon, t30 and t33 are middle and t40, t46 and t50 are high elasticity. These are just marks for modulus nothing with called them generic. Both shimano and daiwa use toray carbon in their most expansive rods. They use toray nanoalloy which is nothing but second name fot t33 carbon, same carbon you can see in some Major Craft rods so... Plus from all well known in house Japanese companies like Tenryu, Gamakatsu, Zenaq, Nissin, G craft, Olympic, Yamaga/Ripple fisher, Taper and shape, M&N corporation etc. i see no reason spending money on mass produced shimano or daiwa.
  • I use the Kayu and Somasi almost exclusively now.
  • well.. someone has to pay for gong lei's fishing trips. same for hajime, fukui, namiki, konishi, satou, higashimura....

(opps, probably outta topic)

• bigsplash said:
    well.. someone has to pay for gong lei's fishing trips. same for hajime, fukui, namiki, konishi, satou, higashimura....

(opps, probably outta topic)

​hahaha you are 100% in topic my friend.
  • svarog said:
    Monstrad you are so wrong in most things you mentioned in your post. First, Toray is world leading carbon fiber manufacturer, second they sell only carbon sheets. They do not roll blanks. Major craft now have 2 factories, one in China second in Vietnam. Carpenter blanks are OEM made by Yamaga or Zemaq i cant remember now. T24 is low elasticity (modulus) carbon, t30 and t33 are middle and t40, t46 and t50 are high elasticity. These are just marks for modulus nothing with called them generic. Both shimano and daiwa use toray carbon in their most expansive rods. They use toray nanoalloy which is nothing but second name fot t33 carbon, same carbon you can see in some Major Craft rods so... Plus from all well known in house Japanese companies like Tenryu, Gamakatsu, Zenaq, Nissin, G craft, Olympic, Yamaga/Ripple fisher, Taper and shape, M&N corporation etc. i see no reason spending money on mass produced shimano or daiwa.
    ​Thanks bro for the info :) I thought it was quite informative! Is there a ranking for JPN rods? Heh or more like preferrences?  
  • svarog said:
    ​very informative this is.
  • loki_fish said:
    svarog said:
    ​Thanks bro for the info :) I thought it was quite informative! Is there a ranking for JPN rods? Heh or more like preferrences?  
    ​overall i would rank Olympic as No1. but depends. For seabss g craft, olympic, yamaga, for trout fishing m&n, tenryu, m aire, ito craft, light rock fishing nissin, olympic... off shore zenaq, yamaga/ripple fisher. Evergreen (olympic blanks) and gamaktsu are great but very expansive. I personally like deps. Theres alot more brands i did not included, these mentioned just came to my mind at this moment. Ppl complain about made in china rods, but its impossible to notice difference between quality rod produced in China or Japan. Intersting nobody complains about Iphone.
  • svarog said:
    loki_fish said:
    svarog said:
    ​overall i would rank Olympic as No1. but depends. For seabss g craft, olympic, yamaga, for trout fishing m&n, tenryu, m aire, ito craft, light rock fishing nissin, olympic... off shore zenaq, yamaga/ripple fisher. Evergreen (olympic blanks) and gamaktsu are great but very expansive. I personally like deps. Theres alot more brands i did not included, these mentioned just came to my mind at this moment. Ppl complain about made in china rods, but its impossible to notice difference between quality rod produced in China or Japan. Intersting nobody complains about Iphone.
    ​I thunk people automatically complain about anything made in China. Remember how made in Taiwan meant bad?
  • Well said. Our shoes, tv's, smartphones are made in China and nobody complains but somehow ppl complains about fishing rods. 
  • edited August 2018
    I guess the problem here isnt where its manufactured but more on its pricing method. Everyone have the common impression that anything MIC is cheap or perhaps alot cheaper compared to major brands. True enough their cost and distributing price is perhaps 1/10 of the retail pricing but i bet no one ever factor in the marketing, retail shop operational, guided testing trips costs. 

Branding is an individual preference like iphone as you mentioned.  

We need to remember one thing. The consumer chain is always few levels of markup. Not all branded rods fit anyone. Fishing gears are suppose to reduce the amount of stress for the angler compared to traditional hand line fishing. You would pay the price if their fishing method/Technics and yours are the same. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file