Advice on jigging

Hi guys, completely new to jigging and have a trip to desaru on the 11th August. Can you recommend and advice what reel and rod should I get, also I’m very comfortable with spinning and don’t know how to use an overhead. 

Comments

• Hi guys, completely new to jigging and have a trip to desaru on the 11th August. Can you recommend and advice what reel and rod should I get, also I’m very comfortable with spinning and don’t know how to use an overhead. 
    ​Well. Good news. You dont need an overhead set up to jig. I personally use spinning up as well because i dont do Slow fall  B)

For desaru, Shimano C3000 or 4000 will do nicely. 
  • Hi guys, completely new to jigging and have a trip to desaru on the 11th August. Can you recommend and advice what reel and rod should I get, also I’m very comfortable with spinning and don’t know how to use an overhead. 
    ​What are you guys targetting in Desaru? Size of jigs you are playing? Just based on assumption you are targetting Queenfish which is abundance there, a size 2000 reel with pe1 lines paired with any pe1-2 rod will be sufficient, jig weight average 40g unless you intend to try micro jigging with 7g or 14g jigs (alot more easier to get hookup) than you need a UL class rod with min 6lb lines. If you are targetting pelagics like mackerels, suggest you use a highspeed reel with pe 1-2 rod. Not much coral fishes like groupers/parrots in Desaru after their reclamation which wiped the entire desaru coastal reefs unless venture further after TU lighthouse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file